mariposa
Mark all forum posts as read   [ help ]
» Welcome to Miscellaneous «

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Single Page for this topic
Forum moderated by: mariposa1

nita

in 1982 we (my husband) and I were married at the court house in Mariposa while we were employed at Yosemite. This year will be our 21st aniversary. We would very much like to renew our vows once again in Mariposa.  Is there anyone who could help us? The date will be Saturday May 3rd, we need infromation on your town park maybe even a picture of it to see what it looks like. Our familes are going to come up from Sacromento area to have a BBQ after the ceromony so the park may be a good place to go to. Also I am sure we could not use the court house so could anyone recomend a church that would help us with this. We have been through a lot over the years and things are so much better over the last year for us. We both want very much to do this, as there was no family or friends at our first wedding. We now have a 19 year old son, 18 year old son, 9 year old daughter and 3 year old twin girls. It would mean a lot to all of us to make this a nice day for the whole family. Thank you in advance for any help we might get.

-----
nitazavala

Total Posts: 1 | Joined Jan. 2003 | Posted on: 3:27 pm on Jan. 31, 2003 | IP
mariposa1

Administrator

Hi Nita,

Actually, people get married at the Courthouse all the time.  I'm not sure what it takes, and maybe they only do it on the front steps, but it is still very much a possibility!  Contact the  Superior Court (209.966.5711) and tell them what you want.  In all likelihood, a judge will be able to perform the renewal ceremony.  (However, if it's a weekend, he may charge a little.)

As to a place to celebrate, I think the best bet is the County Fairgrounds picnic area.  There is a small stage, dance area, barbecue pit, tables, large shady lawn and playground!!  Perfect for dancing the night away!
You can contact them at 209.966.2432.  Given, the May date that you want, and the popularity of those dates for May weddings and such, I would suggest contacting everyone involved and arranging/reserving as soon as possible!  

If you have any more questions, or need any more information  just let me know.

Good luck and Happy Anniversary!!

Total Posts: 25 | Joined N/A | Posted on: 4:38 pm on Jan. 31, 2003 | IP

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Single Page for this topic

© | Our Privacy Statement